Photography Paradise
Are you crazy about photography? Want to show off your mad skills? You've come to the right place! Photography Paradise is all about photography, cameras, and more! Join today!
Photography Paradise
Are you crazy about photography? Want to show off your mad skills? You've come to the right place! Photography Paradise is all about photography, cameras, and more! Join today!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Be sure to check out the newest contest on the forum! It's hosted by ChocoLuv, an administrator here. So if you want to enter YOUR creative set, go to the contest thread: https://photoparadise.niceboard.com/t30-creative-set-contest#69

Guide: Framing or 'Shot Length' - So what length really IS your photography?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mist
Photographic Newbie
Mist

Paradise Coins : 22028

Guide: Framing or 'Shot Length' - So what length really IS your photography? Empty
PostSubject: Guide: Framing or 'Shot Length' - So what length really IS your photography?   Guide: Framing or 'Shot Length' - So what length really IS your photography? EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 11:34 am

So what really is 'framing' (also known as Shot Length)

Framing is basically the distance of your short, whether you're close or far away.

'Extreme Long Shot'
Extreme Long Shot is pretty much what is says, it's a shot taken from as much as a quarter of a mile away. It's usually used for landscape shots to set the scene. It's not a very detailed shot, but focuses on the larger picture to give a general impression.

Guide: Framing or 'Shot Length' - So what length really IS your photography? Extremelongshot

'Long Shot'
This is like a shot that shows the full-body, actual size on something. It's a full shot that really lets you see the height of something in comparison to other objects. Most of the focus is on the main character, you have to allow background to show the comparison of size.

Guide: Framing or 'Shot Length' - So what length really IS your photography? Longshot

Medium Shot
This is a picture taken from the knees or waist upwards, the main focus is on the character but allowing some background out of focus. It's used a lot in movie posters, for example.

Guide: Framing or 'Shot Length' - So what length really IS your photography? Medium

Close-Up
This is a shot that concentrates on a specific detail or feature of something, such as the face. It's like a head-shot, but closer. It magnifies the feature so we see the detail. Mostly you use a zoom lens in order to get the close enough framing, but some cameras allow you to zoom in enough for one. These shots are also used a lot in movie posters. Such as the headshots for The Hunger Games characters.

Guide: Framing or 'Shot Length' - So what length really IS your photography? Closeup

Guide: Framing or 'Shot Length' - So what length really IS your photography? HGCinna

Extreme Close-Up
This is basically an even closer, extremer version of the close up. For example, a cats eye. It shows the detail the human-eye would struggle to see. It's one of the best shots if done correctly, lighting and focus is important.

Guide: Framing or 'Shot Length' - So what length really IS your photography? ExtremeCU

I found most of this online and you can to (I'm not sure if you're allowed to put links in guides so I won't) including the pictures. I don't own any of the pictures, I just simplified their guide to the best I can so it's easier to understand, haha.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Paradise Coins : 22123

Guide: Framing or 'Shot Length' - So what length really IS your photography? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guide: Framing or 'Shot Length' - So what length really IS your photography?   Guide: Framing or 'Shot Length' - So what length really IS your photography? EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 9:12 pm

I'll try some of these tips with my phone camera. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://photoparadise.niceboard.com
ChocoLuv
Administrator
ChocoLuv

Paradise Coins : 22057

PostSubject: Re: Guide: Framing or 'Shot Length' - So what length really IS your photography?   Guide: Framing or 'Shot Length' - So what length really IS your photography? EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 10:49 pm

Same here:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guide: Framing or 'Shot Length' - So what length really IS your photography?   Guide: Framing or 'Shot Length' - So what length really IS your photography? Empty

Back to top Go down

Guide: Framing or 'Shot Length' - So what length really IS your photography?
Page 1 of 1